On November, 2022, the voters of Michigan passed Proposal 2 which amended the Michigan Constitution and enhanced voters' options for voting. In the first half of 2023, the Michigan Legislature passed a series of bills, that were subsequently signed by the Governor, to implement Proposal 2 throughout Michigan. The voters of The City of the Village of Clarkston will see these new options in place beginning with the new year 2024 elections. A few of the most prominent new options are:
Drop Box Location
The City of the Village of Clarkston has a official election drop box for absentee voters (AV). Our election drop box that is located at City Hall 375 Depot Rd., Clarkston is:
Both early in-person voting and absentee voting allow voters to cast a ballot prior to Election Day. However, there are important differences between the two choices in voting.
|How you cast your ballot - Absentee voting allows you to complete your absentee ballot at home or at the clerk’s office. You can then submit your ballot in an envelope by mail, in person, or by drop box. After an absentee ballot is received by our Clerk's Office, your absentee ballot is processed and tabulated by the clerk.||How you cast your ballot - Early in-person voting is similar to how you would at your precinct on Election Day. Voters are issued a ballot and can personally insert it into the tabulator at the early voting site.|
Important Dates to Remember
November 7th, 2023
Contact the City of the Village of Clarkston at 248-625-1559 for your absentee ballot or if you have any questions.
Clarkston City Hall, 375 Depot Rd., Clarkston, MI 48346
- You must be a citizen of the United States and at least 18 years of age on or before the day of the election in which you seek to vote.
- You must have been a resident of the City of the Village of Clarkston for at least 30 days before the election.
- You must be registered to vote in the City of the Village of Clarkston on or before the close of registration preceding the election in which you seek to vote.
Residents may register to vote:
- At the City of the Village of Clarkston Clerk’s Office.
- At the nearest branch office of the Secretary of State that provides driver's licenses.
- By mailing an application to the Clerk's Office. Check with the Clerk about restrictions on first-time absentee voting.