Can I make a Request to Recind?
A homeowner who has claimed a Principal Residence Exemption on a property and sells that property or converts the home to another use (i.e. rental property) must rescind the exemption they maintained when the property was owned and occupied as a primary residence in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. If it is determined that a property was claimed as a Principal Residence when in fact it was not, the owner may be subject to additional property taxes, penalty and interest.
Request to Rescind Principal Residence Exemption

Show All Answers

1. Do I qualify for a Principal Residence Exemption?
2. Can I make a Request to Recind?
3. When do I need to file a Property Transfer Affidavit?
4. What factors contribute to the increase in taxable value of my property?
5. How can I challenge the assessment of taxable value on my property?